To our customers,
We are pleased to announce that The Lime Tree Restaurant will be open from Saturday 4th July 2020 and we very much look forward to welcoming you back. We have put some strict social distancing measures in place to keep you and our staff safe while you visit us.
- For your safety and comfort we have created a separate entrance/exit for The Lime Tree Restaurant and The Shopping Courtyard, this is situated to the left of the main garden centre entrance – please follow the directional signage on arrival.
- The new entrance/exit will mean that you don’t have to queue in line with customers wishing to purchase gardening goods from the garden centre. To keep you safe we have had to limit access to the garden centre at busy times which has meant we had to discourage dwell time and browsing whilst shopping. You will now be able to spend time looking around the independent shops in The Shopping Courtyard, meet up with friends or family (as per the new government guidelines) and enjoy breakfast, lunch or a snack in The Lime Tree Restaurant.
- We have made the indoor seating spacious and safe (we are still adhering to a strict 2m social distance) and have increased our outdoor seating area. You can now sit on the patio or on the new seating area in The Shopping Courtyard.
- During busy times we may still have to restrict access but this should be significantly less with this new system.
- Our customer greeter on the new entrance will click you in and out – please keep to the left.
- Children and families are welcome but please can we politely remind you that you are responsible for supervising your children and they must adhere to the social distancing measures.
- Due to social distancing measures in our kitchen we have had to limit our hot food offering slightly but our popular favourites are still on the menu, including our signature ‘Fish & Chips’. Everything else remains the same, our menus are available to view here, so that you can browse safely in the safety and comfort of your own home.
- Once in The Lime Tree Restaurant, please choose a table, all our food and drinks menus are displayed around the walls or you can view our menu here prior to your visit.
- We kindly ask that one person per table goes up to the counter to order food and drinks and that you follow the floor stickers. At the counter please follow our one way system and for your safety please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Our restaurant staff will serve you from behind a screen and we will be only accepting card payments. Contactless is £45 and we accept Apple Pay and Samsung Pay up to the value of £250.
- Following the new government guidelines, we are now required to temporary record your contact details for 21 days. We must assist the NHS Test & Trace system by providing them with this data if asked to do so. This is designed to contain clusters or an outbreak of COVID-19. In order for us to do this, a team member will take your details when entering the restaurant. Your details will not be used for any marketing and will be deleted after 21 days.
- Once you have placed your order, please return safely to your table and our staff will bring your drinks, food, cutlery and condiments to your table.
- When you have finished, we kindly ask you to stack everything neatly on your tray and our waiting staff will wait for you to leave before cleaning your table ready for the next customer.
- When you have enjoyed your meet up and browsed The Shopping Courtyard you may wish to visit the garden centre – you may do this by using the garden centre main entrance back on the car park (for your safety and to control safe social distancing you won’t be permitted to enter the garden centre in the usual way from the restaurant and vice versa).
- Our customer toilets are now fully open in the main garden centre, so be sure to visit on arrival through the garden centre entrance or after you have enjoyed you meal (unfortunately there isn’t access in the normal way).
Please remember our usual happy staff are excited to welcome you back but understandably they may be feeling a little anxious, please respect their space and those of other customers around you.
Most importantly we hope you enjoy your visit to us, be it somewhat different, I am sure it will soon become the new normal.
We wish you well and safe times,
from all at Stratford Garden Centre.
Director, Stratford Garden Centre
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update 30th June 2020